NHF’s Mission is to empower parents to have healthy children free of chronic health conditions
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of distinguished individuals with a diverse set of expertise.
Neurological Health Foundation (NHF) was founded in 2010 and obtained 501 (c)(3) public charity status from the IRS effective March of 2011.
Dr. James Adams, Ph.D.
Professor Adams has authored over 150 scientific articles in peer-reviewed publications, including 30 on autism.
Dr. Adams will serve as the primary point of contact for the Foundation to craft a strategy to prevent neurological illness in children and to recruit talented doctors and researchers to join in our efforts.
Autism-Related Service and Awards:
- Director and Founder, Arizona State University Autism/Asperger’s Research Program, 2000-present
- President, Autism Society of Greater Phoenix, 2000- present
- President and founder, Autism Conferences of America, 2005 – present
- Evening of Champions Award (for research and service) from national Autism Society of America, 2007
- Autism Service Award, Greater Phoenix Chapter of the Autism Society of America, 2008
- Daniel Jankowski Legacy Award 2009 for teaching, research, and service to ASU
- Board of Directors, Autism Research Institute, 2007-2009
- Co-Leader, Science Advisory Committee, Autism Research Institute, 2008 – present
- Board of Directors, Autism Society of America, 2009-2010
- President’s Professor, Arizona State University, 2010 – present
Shazi is a food activist who has made it her mission to create a socially-responsible business that positively impacts the health of our children, gives back to those in need all while supporting sustainable agriculture.
A 2004 graduate of the Columbia School of Business (MBA), her accomplishments have earned her the respect and admiration of her peers, including being named one of the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year and Crain’s New York Business 40 Under 40.
Shazi lives in Connecticut with her husband, Joe, their son, Zane, and dog Willy. While she considers Happy Family to be her first “baby,” motherhood is what Shazi loves the most in the world.
Chris Willhite is a Certified Public Accountant and graduated with honors from Baylor University in 1991 with a BBA in Accounting. He started his career in public accounting in Houston where he was a Tax Senior for Arthur Andersen as well as an auditor for Ernst & Young. Chris is involved with multiple business. After working as the Financial Controller of a publicly traded company, he joined Robert Half international back in March of 2000. He is currently a Senior Vice President of Staffing at Robert Half International (www.RobertHalf.com). He is also a Principal and Head of the Investment Committee for Titus Capital LLC, a real estate investment firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas (www.TitusCapital.com). Chris is the Founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Neurological Health Foundation (NHF) and lives in Dallas, Texas with his wife, Hailee, and their two children.